MyPetsWelcome is where neighbors connect to the communities that matter to them. We believe by bringing neighbors together, we can encourage a world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
We use “MyPetsWelcome” to refer to the MyPetsWelcome websites and our iOS and Android apps (also referred to as our “Services”). We also use “MyPetsWelcome,” “we,” “us,” and “our” to refer to the companies operating our Services as described in the Member Agreement. A “Member” is an individual who has registered to use our Services.
- What Personal Information Is Collected?
1.1 Personal information we may collect from you.
- Your personal details.
- When you sign up for MyPetsWelcome, you will need to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, email address, and physical address. You may also choose to provide other personal details, either when you sign up or at a later time, such as your gender, race or ethnicity, and demographic information. You may also choose to reveal information about yourself in your MyPetsWelcome profile, or when you post or comment on MyPetsWelcome, which is described in more detail below.
- If you want to join MyPetsWelcome or use our Services before they have been introduced to your neighborhood, then you can choose to give us your contact information and ask us to notify you when we introduce our Services to your neighborhood.
- If you contact support, you will need to provide us with your contact information and a description of the issue, or else we won’t be able to respond or provide support to you.
- Data from other accounts. If you use a third party service, like Facebook, Google, or Apple to log in to MyPetsWelcome (or if you connect a third party account to your MyPetsWelcome account at any other time), then you authorize that third party service to share your personal information with us. This information may include your name, photo, email address, and any other information you agree to let the third party service share with us. (The specific personal information shared with us will depend on the third party’s privacy practices, agreements we have with the third party, and any choices that you may make in sharing your personal information.)
- Contact lists. You may choose to share or sync your contacts with MyPetsWelcome, including contacts’ names, email addresses, physical addresses, phone numbers, or other information included with your contacts. You may also manually enter the contact information of your neighbors. We use the contacts you provide to help you see which of your contacts have already joined MyPetsWelcome, so that you can invite your contacts who aren’t on MyPetsWelcome to join, to be notified when your contacts join, and to see more of what’s relevant to you through personalization.
- Profile, posts, direct messages, interests, location, and recommendations.
- You may share information about yourself in your profile, including your interests, skills, pictures, information about your household, biographical information (such as your job, hometown, time you have spent living in the area, etc.), emergency contact, or things that you love about your neighborhood.
- You may post on MyPetsWelcome. Posts may include text, images, photos, videos, tags of people or places, polls, offers to sell or give away items, or anything else you want to share.
- You may send direct messages on MyPetsWelcome. Direct messages may include text, images, photos, or videos.
- You may share information about your interests, including by joining and/or posting in a Group or following a neighborhood or topic.
- You may share information about local businesses in the form of a recommendation, review or rating, comment, or by claiming or creating a business page.
- Payment information. If you make a payment either to or through MyPetsWelcome, then you are providing our third party payment processors (for example, Stripe) with your payment card details and other payment information in order to complete the transaction.
- Survey data. We may contact some Members to request participation in a survey or other general research. If you choose to take part in these, you may provide personal information, in or along with your survey responses, or in any other feedback or comments you give us.
- Contests, sweepstakes, and prize drawings data. If you take part in a contest, sweepstakes, or prize drawing, then you may provide personal information, feedback, or comments in order to enter, or as part of the contest, sweepstakes, or prize drawing.
- Messages and email data. We collect information about you when you send, receive, open, read or otherwise engage with messages, email, or other communications in connection with our Services, including whether you have opened or acted on those communications.
- Photos and videos. You may choose to give permission for our Services to collect images, photos, videos, and other information from your device’s camera and photo library For example, when you choose to include images, photos, or videos in your posts these files may include metadata indicating how, when, where and by whom the files were created and how they are formatted. Metadata may be accessible to other Members or anyone else who can access the files.
- Geolocation. You may choose to grant our Services permission to access your device’s precise geolocation, which we may use to confirm your address and help us operate or personalize our Services, including by tagging posts, providing information on or adding information to a map, and helping us show you more relevant content or ads.
- Business information. If you use our Business Services, you may share details about your association with a business and services offered by you or the business.
- Booking information. If you use our Hire a Pro Service, you may share information related to the bookings you seek, such as your search terms, service type and job desired, timing, service address, cost, materials, Job Code, and associated communications.
1.2 Personal information we may collect from your browser or device.
With your permission, where it is required by applicable laws, we, our service providers, and partners collect technical information when you visit or use MyPetsWelcome, engage with our partners, or interact with our or our partners’ marketing communications, including:
- Device data. Device data may include your device’s manufacturer and model, operating system and version, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, IP address, unique identifiers (including identifiers used for advertising purposes), crash data (if applicable), what device settings you’ve enabled, carrier, radio/network information (e.g., WiFi, LTE, 3G). (As described above, we may collect geolocation data from your device with your permission, or we may derive your general location, such as city, state or geographic area, from your IP address or other data.) Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
- Online activity data. Online activity data may include the date and time you visited, duration of access, the browser or app version you used (and its settings), the URLs you come from and go to, and how you used MyPetsWelcome or interacted with our emails and other messages. For example, online activity data may include how and when you navigated within MyPetsWelcome, and which links or features you clicked on, including advertising.
1.3 Personal information we may collect from third parties and public sources.
We may collect information about you from third parties (such as companies we partner with or that provide services to us) and public sources. For example:
- Vendors and partners to MyPetsWelcome provide various information, such as:
- Map and residential address information in order to help us launch MyPetsWelcome in new neighborhoods and update existing neighborhoods.
- Information about Members and their homes for advertising, analytics, personalization, and measurement purposes.
- Information about businesses to help us create business pages and offer our Services to businesses.
- Advertisers provide us with information about their users or potential customers to help us personalize advertising and measure the performance of their advertisements.
- Public sources, such as census data, street addresses, property lot maps, postal address change information, and business listings, provide us with information that helps us understand our Members, improve our Services, and determine potential areas for expansion.
- MyPetsWelcome Members may sync their contacts with MyPetsWelcome , including their contacts’ names, email addresses, mailing addresses, and phone numbers.
1.4 Personal information we may collect about non-Members
If you don’t use MyPetsWelcome , your information might still be collected. Members may choose to share information about their contacts, for example from contact lists, address books, or if they manually enter your information. Contact information may include your name, email address, phone number, or other information about you. Members may also post or comment with personal information about non-Members.
Learn more about how MyPetsWelcome uses contact information uploaded by account holders here.
- How Is My Personal Information Used?
We use personal information for the following purposes:
2.1 Establish and develop neighborhoods.
We use personal information to identify and invite potential new Members to MyPetsWelcome , and to set up new MyPetsWelcome communities. For example, you can ask us to send email, SMS, or postal mail invitations to potential new Members and reminders on your behalf, print materials for you to distribute, invite your contacts and friends, or notify you when we start offering our Services to your neighborhood.
2.2 Set you up on MyPetsWelcome.
To get Members started on MyPetsWelcome , we use personal information to:
- Confirm Member accounts using several techniques, including checking against third party data and public records, verification codes, or geo-verification. We also use public registries to block registered sex offenders in the United States (and other countries where permitted by law) from signing up for our Services. In some circumstances, we may ask for additional information (such as government-issued identification and business documentation) to confirm Member accounts.
- Populate Member profiles and personalize your experience of MyPetsWelcome .
- Notify neighbors of new Members as they join the neighborhood.
- Create and offer Business Services, which help Members learn about the businesses in their communities. To claim your Business Page, click here.
2.3 Provide and improve our Services.
We use personal information, and both manual and automated systems, to analyze and use your Content (as defined in the Member Agreement) and other information, including to:
- Operate MyPetsWelcome , create neighborhoods, suggest neighborhoods, invite neighbors, and improve our products and features.
- Help you create, publish, view, share, and respond to Content, including highlighting interesting posts.
- Highlight groups, neighborhood topics or other resources.
- Administer and obtain feedback via surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities.
- Highlight businesses, ads, offers, products, and services you may be interested in.
- Provide Business Services, such as enabling Business Pages and promotional services.
- Provide the Hire a Pro Service, to facilitate your service bookings and understand your experience with them.
- Personalize your experience of MyPetsWelcome .
- Understand trends, usage statistics, and demographic data relating to the Members and neighborhoods we serve.
- Respond to your support requests and comments.
- Test and evaluate potential new products and features on MyPetsWelcome.
- Diagnose and resolve problems, and monitor usage and resource needs.
- Accept payments, through our third party payment processors.
- Communicate with you about MyPetsWelcome or our Services, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support messages via email, notifications, and text messages.
2.4 Create and maintain a trusted environment.
We may use your information to help create and maintain a trusted environment on MyPetsWelcome, including:
- To detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful, unauthorized, unethical, illegal, or otherwise objectionable activity or content.
- To conduct security investigations, audits, and risk assessments.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- To confirm or authenticate information or identification.
- For the legal and safety reasons described in Section 4.3 below.
We use personal information to provide and improve advertisements and other commercial offerings both on and off our Services, including:
- To help personalize advertisements based on what we think may interest you.
- To provide and measure the effectiveness of personalized advertising, including whether it is interesting to Members and effective for the advertiser.
- To improve the personalization of advertisements.
- To send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that we think may interest you.
- To invite you to participate in events or other relevant opportunities.
2.6 Research and development.
We use personal information for research and development purposes. As part of these activities, we may generate aggregated, de-identified and/or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We do this by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you or other individuals. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our Services and promote MyPetsWelcome.
- How Is My Personal Information Shared with Others?
We share personal information with other Members or other companies as follows:
3.1 Content you share on MyPetsWelcome.
MyPetsWelcome is a platform for neighbors to share helpful information with each other. To that end, the Content you post on MyPetsWelcome, such as posts, replies, recommendations, messages, and your profile information, may be visible to other Members, businesses, governments and agencies, or the public, including Visitors (people who have not registered for our Services but may still access parts of our Services, as defined in the Member Agreement) and search engines and this Content may include personal information. You can adjust the visibility of your posts in the preferences in your settings, the preferences on the Content you provide, and as described in Section 5 below. Please be sure to read the options you have under the “What are My Choices” section below. If this information is cached by third party search engines or other third parties, please note we do not control the practices of these third parties, and they may use caches containing outdated information. Please consult these third parties’ privacy policies for additional information.
3.2 Account confirmation.
We may share personal information with our verification partners, such as telecommunications providers (if you choose to confirm your account by providing your telephone number) or other data providers, to try to make sure that you are who you say you are.
3.3 Legal and safety reasons.
We may retain, preserve, or share your Content and personal information with law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond, as required by applicable law, to a valid, binding legal request (e.g. a subpoena, a search warrant, court order, or other legal process from government or law enforcement); (b) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other unauthorized, illegal or unethical activity, security, or technical issues; (c) protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety; (d) enforce our Member Agreement or any other agreements we have with you; (e) prevent physical injury or other harm to any person or entity, including you and members of the general public. For example, we may share your personal information with disaster relief agencies, first responders, and other individuals to facilitate disaster or emergency response efforts.
If you view, click on, or reply to an advertisement or other offer on our Services, we may share your reply and limited Member profile information, both of which may contain personal information, with the advertiser. Additionally, we may log and share your interaction with online advertisements, for example as part of tracking the effectiveness of the advertisement. We may also pre-populate replies to ads you click on with your contact details, but those details are not shared with the advertiser without your consent.
3.5 Third party partners.
MyPetsWelcome may partner with third parties such as Pros though the Hire a Pro Service, which gives Members the ability to book a range of different services, such as home improvement, dog walking, personal training, and tutoring. Offers for services may be integrated into MyPetsWelcome, such as through the Business Services or Hire a Pro Service, or MyPetsWelcome may provide links to other websites or apps featuring the offers. In order to tailor offers for services to you, we may share personal information with these third parties, such as your neighborhood or zip code, the business topic of the content you are viewing, or a business search query (for example, a search for “plumber”). When you engage with one of these offers or request a booking with a Pro, you or MyPetsWelcome may share additional information (such as contact information) directly with the third party partner or their representative. If you engage with third party partners through MyPetsWelcome, the third parties may share with us certain personal information about you to allow us to monitor, coordinate, assess, and improve our Services provided to you. This may include information about a booking you make with the third party, including type of service, name and address of provider, the time of booking, and your communications with the third party. These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which may apply to your activity if you click on or interact with their offers featured on MyPetsWelcome or other websites or apps.
3.6 Service providers.
We may also share personal information with service providers and/or data processors to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. These service providers and data processors are contractually obligated to use personal information only to provide their service to us, and are contractually prohibited from using it for their own purposes. They provide a variety of services, including payment processing, information technology, cybersecurity, fraud prevention, hosting, customer relationship management and support, communications delivery, marketing, advertising, and website and mobile application analytics.
3.7 Social media.
Our Services include certain social media features, including a social media share button. If you choose to share Content with personal information using this button, information about that Content will be shared with the selected social media platform.
3.8 Within the MyPetsWelcome corporate family.
We may share personal information within our “corporate family”, including between MyPetsWelcome™️, LLC., As we grow and MyPetsWelcome becomes available in more countries, we may expand the corporate family within which we share personal information by establishing local subsidiaries or other affiliates in these countries as needed to help us provide our Services there.
For more information about cross-border transfers of personal information, see Section 7 below titled “International Transfers of Personal Information”.
3.9 Business reorganization.
We may share personal information with the relevant participants in transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, or sale or other disposition of some or all of the assets of, or equity interests in, MyPetsWelcome or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
3.10 Professional advisors.
We may share personal information with our professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to MyPetsWelcome.
3.11 Payment processors.
- What Are My Choices?
In your account settings, you can choose the degree to which personal information, such as your full name, is shared in your personal profile and alongside your posts. You can adjust these account settings at any time.
When you post on MyPetsWelcome™️, you also can choose who gets to see your post. You can read more here about the choices you have regarding the sharing and visibility of your posts. Some of these choices may not be available for our Business Services, such as our Business Pages.
Our systems are not currently configured to accept browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals, as no industry-wide standard for handling them has been adopted.
See our jurisdiction-specific disclosures in Section 11 below for more information about legal rights you have if you live in a listed jurisdiction.
- How Long Is My Personal Information Kept?
We retain personal information in our server logs, our databases, and our records for as long as necessary to provide our Services. We may need to retain some of your information for a longer period, such as in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes or defend against legal claims, or to enforce our Member Agreement.
- International Transfers of Personal Information.
MyPetsWelcome operates internationally, and your personal information may be transferred to and processed on servers outside the jurisdiction where you live. We typically transfer personal information to the United States, which is where MyPetsWelcome is headquartered and where many of our Services are based.
Depending on where you live, your personal information may be transferred to jurisdictions other than your home country, including the United States, and those other jurisdictions may have different or less protective data protection laws than the jurisdiction where you live. In addition, the rights of authorities to access your personal information in other jurisdictions may not be the same as in your home jurisdiction.
By continuing to use MyPetsWelcome, you understand and consent to the transfer and processing of your personal information outside your home country, which may have data protection rules that are different or less protective from those of your home country, including the United States.
For residents of Europe or countries with aligned data protection laws, additional information is provided in the jurisdiction-specific disclosures required under European data protection laws.
- How Is My Personal Information Protected?
7.1 Account security.
MyPetsWelcome uses technical and organizational measures intended to keep your data secure, including using https on our web pages to reduce the risk of unauthorized interception of your communications during your visits to the website and two-factor authentication where appropriate. However, the internet is not a fully secure environment and we cannot guarantee that personal information won’t be intercepted or improperly accessed. Please ensure that you keep your password safe and do not share it with anyone.
7.2 Other services and websites.
- Personal Information Relating to Children.
Children are not allowed to use our Services if they are under 13 years old or not old enough for MyPetsWelcome to process their personal information without parental or age-specific consent in the place where they live. If you believe we might have collected personal information from a child in one of these categories, please contact us at mailto:privacy@MyPetsWelcome.com for us to investigate and delete as appropriate.
- How to Contact Us.
If you reside in the United States, contact us at MyPetsWelcome, LLC., 8 The Green, Suite 4000, Dover, DE 19901. Phone: +1 647-202-9877. Email: privacy@MyPetsWelcome.com.