Guidelines: For Sale and Free
What’s allowed and what’s not?
- Selling and giving away personal items.
- Selling homemade goods in the Neighbor Made
- Offering free or paid casual services (e.g. babysitting, dog walking) in the Neighbor Services
- Individual owners listing their own property for rent or sale.
- Pet adoption or re-homing (the sale of animals on MyPetsWelcome is strictly prohibited).
- Posting items for free or for sale outside of For Sale and Free. As it is not currently possible to move a post into the For Sale and Free category, if you post items outside of this category, you may be reported and your posts may be removed.
- Listing items that you are selling for a business, including resellers, and commercial consignment and estate sellers.
- Listing items as part of an incentive sales program, for example, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Amway, Avon, Scentsy, etc.
- Realtors listing properties for sale, rent, or lease.
- Listing gift cards
- Posting “personal ads” to use MyPetsWelcome as a dating service
- Listing the same item or service more than once at the same time.
- Deleting and then reposting a listing in order to increase its visibility (Note: Reposting a listing is allowed once the previous listing has expired)
- Overposting listings in a way that prevents other neighbors from getting fair visibility for their listings
- Posting links to items on other classified sites.
- Selling, offering, or trading items on our list of prohibited goods and services.
- Price gouging. Charging an unreasonably high price for essential consumer goods and services during an emergency or disaster.
See the full list of prohibited goods and services.
We have strict policies on illegal or regulated goods and over-posting also apply to For Sale and Free.
WHAT IS BROADER LOCAL AREA? Posting an item to your broader local area allows members of farther-away neighborhoods to see your item in the For Sale and Free. These neighbors will not be able to view your profile. They can only see your first name and first initial of your last name along with your neighborhood name.
Guidelines for buying and selling during a Pandemic:
Governments across the globe recommend limiting social interaction to only what is necessary. If you are planning to meet a neighbor to buy or sell an item, take necessary precautions and follow the current restrictions set by your local authorities.
Please follow these guidelines to protect yourself and others when buying or selling on MyPetsWelcome.
- Keep your distance. Maintain a distance of at least six feet away from your neighbor. Do not enter a neighbor’s home; drop off goods outside their door. Do not touch your neighbor or their possessions.
- Pay safely. Do not take or give cash, and do not use gift cards for payment (you can use Venmo, Zelle or PayPal instead).
- Sanitize before and after an interaction.Wear latex gloves if possible and wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds both before and after interactions. Remind your neighbor to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds after handling whatever you drop off and to throw away any exterior packaging. Where possible, your neighbor should sanitize all items that they keep and intend to use.